Vlog 7: Babblings of a lonely, psycho-ed, exam-soaked brain
I always make vlogs when I’m the only one in the whole dang house. I guess coz there’s nobody to talk to, so I substitute the poor poor camera (and now you! ). This vlog is extra long (20+ minutes) and boring (monotonous voices unite!) and has lots of … uh, rotations of the frame, because I kept turning the camera’s orientation from portrait to landscape. Some notes after the jump, so click Read the rest of this entry first before playing the vid.
- I really need to remember to turn off Auto White Balance next time. The colour changes are slightly disturbing: I look really pale yellow one moment and then tan and then brown in the next minute.
- Oh yeah, the frame also moves around because there were… uh, technical problems, shall I say? If you must know, I was wearing a ¾-sleeve t-shirt, so my lower arm was visible at some points and I had to try and not show that, although I missed a few times. (Sidenote for non-Muslims: for a female Muslim, our whole arm, up to the wrist, is part of the aurat/awrah, which must be covered when we are in public / among non-immediate-family-members.)
- Bought them already! Very cheap Mydin stuff though, hence the rather UG blue-roses-print. But well, at least they’re clean…! I’m gonna buy a new bathroom mat to replace that hideous greyed thing that was around since before I came to this room last year. Somehow I never had the guts to make any changes to the place when my housemates were around, heheh. Oh, and possibly the ironing board cover as well.
- Made with MemoriesOnTV! Sorry, ‘bit of advertising here. It’s a simple but very useful and powerful slideshow / video-editing programme. The saving-to-FLV-format was quick and easy too, and my video shrunk from a size of 200+MBs to 30+MBs.
- More of what Mr Embong (guest moderator) said: “Usually architecture students are messy, chaotic… you know…” (and at this point I was so sure he was describing Muhsin, my classmate. ) But our own lecturer also mentioned my “organised” display, and not in a negative way, heh. I guess it can be both a bad or good thing, although I still don’t think I’m that organised. Am I?
- When I said “last time I showed you my old room” etc., I was referring to Vlog 3, which was taken in my previous, much dirtier and pathetic-er hostel room.
- The blog that I was referring to was The Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic. (Moon, you know this blog, right? ) I am in obvious need of non-academic reading material, aaaargh!
- Actually, I realised, after these few days of exams, that I’m just not the kind of person that could focus 100% of myself on studying, for this whole 37 or so days. For every time that I study, my brain seems to want to do something more leisurely, to “reward” itself. So… I guess everything needs a balance. I’ll keep on blogging and post those highly annoying survey bulletins on Friendster , and since my art supplies are still here I might just do stuff with it so as to not let my right brain shrivel up and die.
- I was referring to Etsy.com, an online store system/community for buying/selling handmade items. And I probably meant bank… transfers? Not transactions.
- I now remember that I forgot to explain my AS Art bridge concept in more detail, but it’s basically what I wrote on the dA page, and about the web of life, it’s the quote below. So when you look at the bridge from its side, it has the same shape as a spider’s web.
All things are connected.
Whatever befalls the earth,
befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.
Man did not weave the web of life;
he is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web,
he does to himself.
Gotta go gotta go. Enough “leisurely activities” for now. 18 more papers and 35 days till freedom! Byes!
Rainbow zippers, w00t.P.S. Only great thing about the exam season: The internet is crazy fast! It took less than a minute to download a 3MB Youtube video just now.
P.P.S. Speaking of Youtube, Elf pointed out this girl (kmontero87 on youtube, ) to me awhile ago, saying she looks like me! Whaddya think? Yes/no? Maybe? (I think she’s an awesome singer, by the way. Something I totally can’t say about myself. )
P.P.P.S. Retail therapy works so well for exam blues… I bought a gazillion zippers today. And beads. For future craftingness, heehee.