Downloadable Mutaba’ah Amal
Excuse the Arabic and Malay jargon — I made this Excel spreadsheet that can be used as a monthly habit tracker or reward chart, and thought I’d put it up online for others to use.
(Confession: I greatly enjoy formatting documents in MS Office. I’m one of those people who can spend hours changing fonts and aligning tables… :suspicious: )
Chart your habits and build them up!
The idea is that you can’t improve on something that you haven’t measured: so tracking your habits is one small effort into building your ideal daily routine.
- Fully-editable in MS Excel (so feel free to change the words, add the month, year, your name…)
- A4 landscape layout
- 21 rows for the habit list
- 31 columns for the daily “ticks”
- Target and Total columns to track progress
Tips to Use:
- You can start by simply tracking good habits that you do, for instance “wake up at 5am”, “pray Dhuha“, “eat fruit”, “call Mum”.
- It is recommended to add on only 1-3 new habits per month because it is better to have few but consistent good actions. You do not need to use up all 21 rows!
- Set a target amount of ticks (or some people like to use Xs instead) in the beginning of the month. Leave the space empty if you missed the item that day. At the end of the month, count how many days you actually made it for each habit and total up in the last column.
- Reward yourself for certain goals, such as not missing a tick for the whole month for a new habit.
How to Change the Colour Scheme
I know, crucial point, right? 😛
Yay purple and pink?
In Excel, go to the Page Layout tab, click the down-arrow next to Colors. Hover over the pre-selected choices of colour schemes to preview. Click on your choice to automatically re-colour the spreadsheet.
You have two options:
- Excel file to customise anything before printing
- PDF file in greyscale to quickly print a copy out and hand-write the details
Enjoy it! :clap: Feel free to share! You’re welcome.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.